Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I think I got this one right.

From my Obama analysis post of August 31:

"Prediction: his calls for teacher pay/education reform will be the first to get traded away."

From today's appointment of Obama's education policy chief: "The appointment of Darling-Hammond, a teacher quality expert who opposes merit pay and is more critical than supportive of NCLB, signals that Obama wishes to avoid a fight with the unions."

I love being a pessimist: you're either pleasantly surprised or being proven correct.

6 comments:

Mike Schmitt said...

Our joke here at work is, Obama should have just promised everyone a unicorn.... He'd be just as likely to deliver it as all his other change.

You get your unicorn yet???

Vince said...

Schmitt give the man a chance! He hasn't even been sworn in yet and already you are shitting on him. BTW you can find your free unicorn where your head is.

RET said...

Poetic License:

Mike Schmitt said...
Our joke here at work, well those of us who still have a job for now, is, Obama should have just promised everyone a unicorn....

Mike Schmitt said...

Really, you think he can deliver everything he promised? CRAZY!!!

RET said...

so far you and the rest of the Amgen Section of the Rush Limbaugh fan club are the only ones who have said anything about expecting Obama to deliver everything he promised.

Since I know he or any other president won't I will make you guys feel better now...

"You guys were sooo right. Obama did not give us everything he promised. What a disaster. Now I realize how good the republicans were during the Bush years."

Jim said...

In this vein, I suggest that we all come up with a list of desires and expectations for the coming Obama administration. I will publish mine on January 21.