Monday, January 11, 2010

Thanks, Mr. President

I'm not quite sure how much blame to assign for the Underwear Bomber incident to the President and his staff. Nevertheless, his "The Buck Stops with Me" statement was a point in his favor. I don't think President Bush ever made such a statement, although my memory could be failing me.

That being said, the mostly ridiculous increase in security is 100% in his purview. I was really hoping that he would scale back the more ridiculous stuff, like the taking-off-of-the-shoes, etc. A citizen can hope.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Best airline security story: my (at the time) 9 month old daughter could not walk, but was wearing shoes while being carried by her mother.

The TSA screener let them through, but told my wife that my daughter's tiny shoes needed to be removed and screened next time.

Dave said...

I think the TSA screeners have it out for you. Remember your fun escapade when we were heading back from San Diego? Gotta say it was entertaining watching from the other side.