Monday, October 22, 2007

In case anyone was wondering...

Danielle and I are quite all right. My work is pretty smoky inside and it's hard to see across the Interstate 5 canyon. But we're nowhere near the fires, neither my work (La Jolla), her work (Kearny Mesa) or our apartment (Mission Valley/Serra Mesa.)That's cold comfort for many of my coworkers at PLJ, who live in the "evacuation" area. Pray for them, if that's your thing.

So far, we have experienced a very small earthquake and there's been a rather large landslide near my work. The fires are simply completing the troika, as far as I'm concerned. I have yet to see any locusts or trumpets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember what i said about wide error bars when you go to heaven? and btw save me a spot when the rapture comes...hehe

glad to hear you and Danielle are ok, Jim.

MJenks said...

I had Madeleine pray for you at school. I figure the innocence of youth scores more points with the Big Guy than does the jadedness of middle age.

Jim said...

Thanks, Matt.

In all likelihood, we're fine. We're just gonna hunker down and hope the weather changes; the firefighting efforts are simply not going to do anything until it does. What San Diego really needs right now is a good dose of Oregon rain.