Sunday, December 23, 2007

IT MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

God help me, the Patriots cannot be allowed to both 1) go undefeated through a 16 game season and 2) win the Superbowl.

Can you imagine what a catastrophe it would be if this happened? The conventional wisdom would crown the Patriots the greatest NFL team of all time. We'd have to move the White House from Washington, D.C. to Boston. Tom Brady would be the greatest quarterback of all time (especially if he held the single-season TD record.) Randy Moss would become the greatest wide receiver of all time. ESPN would move from Bristol to Foxboro. Bill Belichick would become as a god. Wes Welker would be the greatest white-guy receiver since Steve Largent. Peyton Manning would no longer be allowed to do TV commercials! This cannot be allowed to stand! We can have Chris win the pick-off three years in a row, but we cannot have this!

I call on all that is holy (and possibly some that isn't) for a team, any team to defeat the New England Patriots during this season or the playoffs. This is Horatio on the Bridge! This is the Alamo! This is the meteor from Armageddon heading towards Earth with Tom Coughlin as the Bruce Willis character. Don't drop the detonator, Tom!

If a Taylor Group member's team (Colts or Giants, primarily) beats the Patriots, I will personally buy and ship a bottle of the finest $9.99 champagne to the vanquisher of the Beast from Massachusetts.

Until next week, I will be hoping beyond hope that the New York Football Giants will win this game. Help me, Eli Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope.

14 comments:

Jim said...

NE 13
NYG 16

RET said...

Well I usually submit a Giant win however if I do and Chris then submits a Pat win, chances are he will get the point.

I cannot pick against the Giants...they have the talent to win but everything must click and there is little from the last few games to believe it will happen tonight
...

Giants 27
Pats 24

Chris said...

i can pick against the giants... not because I think the pats will win, but because logic says that in a tight battle with the boss i need all the points i can get....

NE 25
NYG 21

Jim said...

Chris, is there any hope of getting overall stats for the 3-way race this past week before kickoff tomorrow? Cheers, Jim

Jim said...

Thanks, Chris.

Chris said...

Apologies, the standings are now up to date, and its right down to the wire. make your picks for tomorrow, i promise more speedy updating this time.

Chris said...

Jim, as much as I don't like it either, please refrain from wailing and/or gnashing of teeth in the comments section....

Jim said...

I hate this. The coronation has begun. It's almost worse that the Giants played them tough for 3 quarters.

Chris said...

See, i look at this the other way, I think this is fine, because they still have to win in the playoffs, as far as I am concerned all the hype and build-up becomes "the greatest collapse ever" if they don't win the super bowl, and I think there are 3 substantial hurdles: Indy, Jacksonville, and San Diego. I love the playoffs

Jim said...

So do I. I would pay good money to see them lose in the playoffs. They are a tough, tough team to beat.

It'd be great to see "the greatest collapse ever", but I think that's a long shot.

Chris said...

Well, Here it goes, the last round (unless we want to pick the playoffs also, which seems like good fun.) Its amusing how people have fallen off through the season, and how close the last 3 of us are at this point. I'll admit to not having been as up to date on things this season, but I have changes in store for '08. But before that, the end of '07....

SEA 27
ATL 17

NO 13
CHI 18

CIN 20
MIA 10

DET 14
GB 29

JAX 17
HOU 24

CAR 13
TB 30

BUF 21
PHI 17

SF 10
CLE 25

PIT 31
BAL 13

SD 28
OAK 14

DAL 20
WASH 31

STL 20
ARI 30

MIN 40
DEN 7

KC 13
NYJ 10

TEN 17
IND 27 (and I think Sorgi throws his first TD in more than 2 years....)

Jim said...

SEA 13
ATL 16

NO 14
CHI 17

CIN 17
MIA 21

DET 22
GB 17

JAX 30
HOU 17

CAR 13
TB 20

BUF 21
PHI 16

SF 20
CLE 14

PIT 30
BAL 16

SD 23
OAK 20

DAL 22
WASH 20

STL 17
ARI 20

MIN 34
DEN 13

KC 20
NYJ 21

TEN 20
IND 17

Cheers to the Taylor Group! Best of luck to the Colts and won't someone, somewhere beat the Patriots? Foxboro delenda est!

RET said...

SEA 28
 ATL 13
NO 24
 CHI 20
CIN 14
 MIA 21
DET 30
 GB 17
JAX 27
 HOU 13
CAR 24
 TB 17
BUF 19
 PHI 24
SF 17
 CLE 28
PIT 23
 BAL 13
SD 21
 OAK 13
DAL 14
 WASH 27
STL 28
 ARI 20
MIN 24
 DEN 10
KC 13
 NYJ 17
TEN 20
 IND 28

MJenks said...

Can I get a little love if the Packers beat them?